Friday, January 27, 2012

Philosophy Regarding Food Fashion

Rosa's Yummy Yums: DROP DEAD CHOCOLATE CAKE - GÂTEAU AU CHOCOLAT DÉCA...

You might want to check out the link above, not so much for the rich-looking chocolate cake recipe mentioned, but for the author's thoughts on food trends, which I partially agree with yet find completely interesting. I've been turned off by "foodie" trends myself. (I don't even like the word "foodie"--it sounds childish to me, and it also seems to suggest that only certain people truly love food. Whatever.) Suggesting that a certain type of food is passe' is absurd. Good food never goes out of style. I appreciate culinary trends for what they're worth to me--as a path to discovering new cuisines, ingredients and recipes I might not have found otherwise--but I'll eat what I like (within the bounds of good health) and not sweat it if today's star chef disapproves. Or is taste no longer the province of the individual?

(Also, the author was the first person to comment on my web log, so I feel obliged to repay the favor, which I don't mind given the link to which I'm directing you, dear readers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment